Friday, April 25, 2014

April 14th-17th

     This week started out pretty rough. I was in the ER for a few hours Sunday. I though my cellulitis in my legs were flaring up again. I was on the couch all day Saturday and Sunday morning with cold sweats, hot flashes, a fever and painfully sore/achey legs. When I finally went to the ER they sent me home with some painkillers and couldn't really figure out what was wrong.

     Monday
     I cant remember much that happened this day. I was in a fog because I still felt pretty shitty so I stayed in my office and just did paperwork and sent emails.

     Tuesday
     Started working on an Excel document to track the 200+ vehicles in our motor pool. Have to figure out every vehicles serial number, registration number and bumper number. Its going to take me a while to make sure we have them all. I was also assigned by Capt B to make sure that our S4, Supply, section is keeping on top of the various details we need to ensure the unit redeploys home successfully. This includes ensuring we can move all their weapons from the airfield to the units buildings, ensuring all the returning enlisted soldiers have access to barracks rooms etc. Its a lot to put on just 1 SPC and 1 PFC so I need to make sure they get all the help they can.

     Wednesday
     Not much happened this day. Same old drill a lot of paperwork, emailing, and running paperwork between buildings. But I did finally feel 100% from the weekend. I did have to run to a cardiologist on base as a follow up because the ER thought my resting heart rate was too high. The cardiologist had me take an EKG and my heart is apparently really healthy and he thought they might have been overcautious. So some good news at least.

     Thursday
     This was a pretty relaxed day like most of my Thursdays. Went by quick and it was the last day before a 4 day weekend so basically just spent the day getting busy work done before the weekend. After that we had the Easter Egg Hunt for all the soldiers in the squadrons children. It went well had about 20 kids show up and over 500 eggs for all of them. One of my PFC's dressed up as the Easter bunny and did a great job dealing with all the kids from a 6 month old up to about age 7. It was a pretty good way to end a week that started out rough.

No comments:

Post a Comment